If you’re someone who keeps a lot of pictures on your Mac, then this article is for you. Photos can get cluttered quickly and lead to a mess wherever you save them. You must keep them organized so you can easily access them anytime.
You can combine JPEGs into one PDF file on Mac by simply opening the file on Preview. From here, you can click on File and select Export as PDF. Once the image is saved as PDF, open another JPEG file to merge. Next, open the View Tab and select Thumbnails from the list. After this, you can simply drag and drop the JPEG file to that converted PDF file.
This article details how you can combine photos into a PDF file.
How to Combine JPEGs Into One PDF File on Mac?
Combining JPEGs into a single PDF file is easier than you might think; all you need to use is the Preview app. Read the steps provided below to know more.
- Sign in to your Mac and open a Finder window. If you cannot find the app on the dock, you can use a Spotlight search to do the same. Press the Command-Space shortcut to open the search bar, type in “finder” without quotation marks, and hit the return key to open the app.
- Find the JPEG file you want to turn into a PDF and double-click to open it. If the image file opens in some other app, close the file and right-click on it to show the context menu.
- Click on Open with and select Preview from the list.
- Once the file has opened in Preview, move the cursor to the Menu bar and click on the File tab.
- Select Export as PDF from the list, choose a location to store the file, and click on Save.
- Now open a Finder window and look for another image you want to combine with the previous one.
- Once both files are open, move the cursor to the Menu bar, click on the View tab, and select Thumbnails from the list. Do this for the PDF file and the new photo you just opened. Subsequently, you can also use the Option-Command-2 option to do the same.
- Drag and drop the newly opened image to the left thumbnail section of the PDF file. You can do this for as many photos as you want.
- Once you’ve added all the images you want, click on the File tab from the Menu bar and select Save from the list.
How to Cut Specific Parts of an Image Using the Preview App on Mac?
You can select and extract specific parts of an image using the Preview app on Mac. Read the steps provided below to know more.
- Sign in to your Mac and open a Finder window. If you cannot find the app on the dock, you can use a Spotlight search to do the same.
- Search for the image that you want to choose and open it. If it opens in an application other than Preview, right-click on the file, select Open with and choose Preview from the list.
- Click the Show markup toolbar button, which should be right beside the search button.
- Choose the Selection Tools menu from the markup toolbar and select the Smart Lasso tool.
- Use the smart lasso tool to trace around the edges of the portion of the picture that you want to select.
- Once the area is selected, click the Edit tab from the menu bar and select Save.
- Subsequently, to delete everything except the highlighted portion of the picture, click on the Edit tab on the menu bar, select Invert selection from the list, and hit the Delete button.
Can I Convert a JPEG File To a PDF on Mac?
Yes, you can convert an image file to a PDF on your Mac using the Preview app, which is installed by default. Preview also comes with various other tools like the markup tool and other image-editing tools to further edit your images. Refer to the instruction provided below to know more.
- Power on your Mac and sign into it.
- Now, open a Finder window.
- Once a Finder window is open, look for the PDF file in which you want to search for items and double-click to open it.
- You need to close the application if the PDF opens in another app, like Adobe.
- Select the PDF file and use the two-finger gesture on your trackpad to show the context menu.
- Select Open with and choose Preview from the list
- Once the file has been opened in Preview, move the cursor over to the Menu bar and click on File.
- Now, select the Export as PDF option from the list.
- Choose a location you want to save the file and click on Save.
That’s it for this article, folks; we hope you now understand how to combine JPEGs into a single PDF file on your Mac. Be sure to try other tips and tricks mentioned here as well.
You may like the following mac tutorials:
- How to Sign Out of App Store on Mac
- How Do I Delete Bookmarks On My Mac
- Make A Pdf File Smaller On Mac
- How to do Upside Down Question Mark on Mac
- How to Connect a Canon Printer to Your Mac
- Why is YouTube Not Working on Mac
Robert is a tech expert (with more than 10 years of experience in using mac os and iPhone) who loves to help others learn about the Mac operating system and iPhone. He provides helpful tutorials on how to use Mac OS, tips and tricks for getting the most out of your Mac operating system, iPhone tips and tricks, and more. He’s always up for a challenge and enjoys learning new things about his favorite OS. When he’s not helping people get the most out of their technology, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two cats. Check out more.